Oils For Indian Head Massage Treatments
posted on 14 February 2016 | posted in massage/aromatherapy
Indian massage treatment with oils
traditionally indian head massage is performed with essential oils, if you choose to enhance your massage and healing benefits of the oils to the scalp and hair, we have made a list of some of the commonly used aromatherapy oils to moisturise & condition the scalp & hair along with the massage that stimulates blood circulation and stimulates healthy hair growth
Oils that can be used for Indian Head Massage are:
- Coconut oil has a sweet odour and is used to lubricate dry skin and hair. It can also be helpful in the treatment of psoriasis.
- Mustard oil generates heat, stimulates circulation,is good for reduces pain and swelling and soothes sore tense muscles. Mustard oil has a strong scent and can be distracting rather than relaxing for some clients. It may also irritate some skins.
- Almond oil is good for mature skin and dry hair, reduces muscular aches and pains and calms the nerves. This isn't to be used for people who suffer with nut allergies.
- Sesame oil beneficial in moisturising skin and hair, reducing muscular aches and pains, reducing swelling and stiffness. It is also said to reduce premature ageing and graying of the hair.
- Olive oil is said to provide relief from the pain of arthritis, relieves sore, tense muscles and reduces swelling. Olive oil has a strong scent and may be distracting rather than relaxing for some clients.
Note: we do not stock huge amounts of oils we like to ensure the potency of our oils by keeping them as fresh and possible. If you would like to try one of these oils please advise me before your treatments so that I can ensure I have it fresh in stock.
for a indian head therapist click here
Share this blog entry:
|You can follow other blog entries via the RSS feed.
You can also leave your own response. Site administrator reserves the right to reject any replies that are deemed inappropriate.